
Brazil’s President Jair Bolsonaro
14:56 JST, March 29, 2022
BRASILIA (Reuters) – Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro was taken to hospital for tests on Monday after feeling abdominal “discomfort”, his Communications Minister Fabio Faria said.
“He is alright,” Faria told Reuters, confirming earlier local media reports that the president was taken to the Army Hospital in Brasilia for tests.
Faria said the president felt unwell, with abdominal discomfort, and went to the hospital to be tested as he has a history of intestinal obstructions.
He will stay in hospital overnight under observation.
Bolsonaro was hospitalised in January for an intestinal obstruction that was cleared and he did not need surgery. The blockage was his latest complication from a stabbing in the stomach at a campaign stop in 2018.
Since then he has undergone six surgeries due to the stabbing and to correct a hernia in the wounded area. In July last year, after 11 days of hiccuping, he was hospitalised with strong stomach pains that were treated without needing surgery.
Bolsonaro, who has begun campaigning for re-election in October, was due to attend a political meeting of the Republican Party but did not appear, local media reported.
The party’s president Marcos Pereira said at the event that the president had instead gone to hospital feeling unwell, an aide to Pereira said.
Top Articles in News Services
-
Survey Shows False Election Info Perceived as True
-
Prudential Life Expected to Face Inspection over Fraud
-
Hong Kong Ex-Publisher Jimmy Lai’s Sentence Raises International Outcry as China Defends It
-
Japan’s Nikkei Stock Average Touches 58,000 as Yen, Jgbs Rally on Election Fallout (UPDATE 1)
-
Trump Names Former Federal Reserve Governor Warsh as the Next Fed Chair, Replacing Powell
JN ACCESS RANKING
-
Japan PM Takaichi’s Cabinet Resigns en Masse
-
Japan Institute to Use Domestic Commercial Optical Lattice Clock to Set Japan Standard Time
-
Israeli Ambassador to Japan Speaks about Japan’s Role in the Reconstruction of Gaza
-
Man Infected with Measles Reportedly Dined at Restaurant in Tokyo Station
-
Man Infected with Measles May Have Come in Contact with Many People in Tokyo, Went to Store, Restaurant Around When Symptoms Emerged

