Will Kishida Be Able to Survive the Impact of ‘Resignation Dominoes’?
The news that 21-year-old Ryuo titleholder Sota Fujii had become the first shogi player ever to win ...
December 2, 2023
Awareness of Bias Blind Spots Is the First Step to Mutual Understanding
When driving a car and changing lanes, if you rely only on your mirrors and neglect to look around w...
November 25, 2023
Kishida Losing Power to Call Snap Election as Political Decisions Backfire
“I sense weakness in your decisions and your words.” So said Hiroshige Seko, secretary general for ...
November 18, 2023
Increasing Uncertainty Makes Decisions on EV Strategy Difficult
Many analysts have noted that the Japanese auto industry, despite being highly competitive internati...
November 11, 2023
Suga Takes the Wheel in Drive to End Japan’s Ban on Ride-sharing
In some countries, paid ride-sharing is a system in which private drivers transport passengers in th...
November 4, 2023
Should Schools Be Places to Confront Questions, or Just to Learn Answers?
In this age of globalization and rapid technological advancement, a fundamental question arises abou...
October 28, 2023
Eyeing China and Taiwan, Japan Must Learn from the War in Ukraine
The outbreak of the war in Ukraine made many people believe a Chinese invasion of Taiwan could be ne...
October 21, 2023
An Aging Japan Needs Far More Flexibility in Housing Policy
The Yomiuri ShimbunA staff member of R65 Inc., a real estate company specializing in rental agency s...
October 14, 2023
Kishida, Like Many Predecessors, Hobbled by Internal LDP Politics
It is not too early to look at prospects for the ruling Liberal Democratic Party’s next presidential...
October 7, 2023
Concept of ‘human Capital’ Finally Getting the Recognition It Deserves
A concept described by Adam Smith in his 1776 book “The Wealth of Nations” is gaining new importance...
September 30, 2023
Facing a Fork in the Road, Kishida Appears to Place a Foot on Each Path
Prime Minister Fumio Kishida reshuffled his Cabinet and the leadership of the ruling Liberal Democra...
September 23, 2023
For Inbound Tourism in Japan, the Road to Recovery May Be Bumpy
Japan’s inbound tourism is recovering rapidly as the global coronavirus pandemic subsides. In August...
September 16, 2023
Generational Shift in Japanese Work Styles Should Be Accelerated
Two men in suits who seem to be in their 30s are shoulder to shoulder with beer mugs in their hands ...
September 9, 2023
Abuse Is Entrenched in Sports Coaching, but Efforts against It Continue
Violence in sports coaching is a stubborn, deep-rooted problem. A decade has passed since the “Decla...
September 2, 2023
Biden’s Praise for Kishida Highlights Vulnerability of Japan-U.S. Alliance
Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania, is known for its beautiful cityscape, with the Old Town registere...
August 26, 2023
"EDITORIAL & COLUMNS" POPULAR ARTICLE
- Increasing Uncertainty Makes Decisions on EV Strategy Difficult
- Kishida Losing Power to Call Snap Election as Political Decisions Backfire
- G7 Rushes to De-Risk to Protect Sensitive Tech
- Govt Should Take Responsibility for Maintaining Cultural Facilities
- Death of Takarazuka Revue Member: Irresponsible Organizational Culture Invited Tragedy
JN TOP STORIES
- New Tour in Japan Featuring Kumano Kodo, Hot Springs Targets Foreign Tourists
- Resumption of Gaza Fighting Blurs Kishida’s Visit to Middle East
- Japan’s ‘Genius’ Shinji Ono Calls It Quits at 44
- A Suspected Bomb Blast Kills at Least 4 Christian Worshippers During Mass in Southern Philippines
- Kickbacks Allegedly Kept Off-the-Books by More than 10 Members of Late Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s Political Faction
- Kishida Intends To Address Alleged Off-the-books Funds Within Liberal Democratic Party
- Japan May Provide Up to 230 M. Dollars in Aid to Egypt
- Japan, Germany Effectively Agree to Execute Defense Logistics Pact