Intl Leaders Set to Agree Safety Measures to Combat AI Disinformation
The first international agreement on safety measures relating to artificial intelligence was set to ...
December 1, 2023
Second Meeting of Treaty on Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons Begins in New York
NEW YORK — The second Meeting of States Parties to the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons ...
November 28, 2023
U.N. Committee OK’s Draft on Lethal Autonomous Weapons; No Treaty Exists on Unmanned AI Control of Deadly Force
NEW YORK — The United Nations General Assembly’s First Committee on Wednesday approved a draft resol...
November 3, 2023
Event to Boost Japan-Africa Exchanges Starts in Kobe
An event to boost cultural and economic exchanges between Japan and African countries kicked off in ...
October 22, 2023
U.N. Refugee Chief Urges Humanitarian Access to Gaza; Expresses Concern Over Conflict Spilling Over
The head of the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees on Friday called for an immediate ceasefire betw...
October 20, 2023
Palestinian Envoy Calls for Ceasefire for Both Hamas, Israel
As retaliatory Israeli military attacks on the Gaza Strip continue, Palestinian Ambassador to Japan ...
October 13, 2023
IAEA General Conference Concludes with Support for Japan’s Treated Water Discharge
VIENNA — The annual general conference of the International Atomic Energy Agency held in Austria’s c...
October 1, 2023
Solomon Islands PM Slams Japan for Fukushima Treated Water Release
JAKARTA — The prime minister of the Solomon Islands criticized Japan for discharging treated water f...
September 24, 2023
Peace Bell Ceremony is Held Ahead of Intl Day of Peace; Bell from Japan Rung in U.N. Ceremony
NEW YORK — U.N. Secretary General Antonio Guterres rang a bell from Japan during a ceremony held on ...
September 15, 2023
Exec Tells First UN Council Meeting That Big Tech Can’t Be Trusted to Guarantee AI Safety
UNITED NATIONS (AP) — The handful of big tech companies leading the race to commercialize AI can't b...
July 19, 2023
AUKUS Seeks Advanced Technology Partners
Hypersonic weapons and cybersecurity are among the advanced technology fields in which the Indo-Pac...
June 28, 2023
Djibouti’s Hosting of U.S., China Bases is Strategic for Survival
DJIBOUTI / JOHANNESBURG — Japan and many other countries used Djibouti, a small African country, as ...
May 29, 2023
Ukraine’s Zelenskyy Proposes Peace Summit In July
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy proposed holding a “peace summit” in July to leaders attendi...
May 23, 2023
EU Seen Preparing for Taiwan Contingency in Revised China Strategy
STOCKHOLM — The European Union’s revised China strategy will include the risk of a Taiwan contingenc...
May 15, 2023
Ukrainian President Had ‘Long and Meaningful’ Call with China’s Xi Jinping
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said on Wednesday he had held a "long and meaningful" phone ...
April 26, 2023
"WORLD" POPULAR ARTICLE
- Israeli Families Demand Release of Hostages of Hamas; Worried About Crossfire
- New Delhi Presses Firms in Japan, South Korea to Set Up Semiconductor Firms in India
- Japanese, Chinese, South Korean Foreign Ministers to Work Toward Summit
- Japan, ASEAN to Strengthen Ties for Decarbonization in Bid to Boost Economic Growth
- Mao Zedong Statue Disappears from Chinese City; Removal Possibly Directed by Authorities
JN TOP STORIES
- New Tour in Japan Featuring Kumano Kodo, Hot Springs Targets Foreign Tourists
- Resumption of Gaza Fighting Blurs Kishida’s Visit to Middle East
- Japan’s ‘Genius’ Shinji Ono Calls It Quits at 44
- A Suspected Bomb Blast Kills at Least 4 Christian Worshippers During Mass in Southern Philippines
- Kickbacks Allegedly Kept Off-the-Books by More than 10 Members of Late Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s Political Faction
- Kishida Intends To Address Alleged Off-the-books Funds Within Liberal Democratic Party
- Japan May Provide Up to 230 M. Dollars in Aid to Egypt
- Japan, Germany Effectively Agree to Execute Defense Logistics Pact