Kogei Dining Presents Culture to All Five Senses
What an abundance of riches, and what an honor to experience them. From the moment the Kogei Dinin...
November 30, 2023
Ride Highway of Dreams at New Bus Hotel in Shizuoka Prefecture
Old & New video By Ryuzo Suzuki / Yomiuri Shimbun Senior Photographer An old commuter bus and b...
November 26, 2023
NPO Rocinantes strives to provide medical services in Sudan
Rocinantes, a Kitakyushu-based nonprofit organization, has been named as recipient of the 30th Yomiu...
November 23, 2023
Jomo Karuta, a Local Icon, Holds National Event
TAKASAKI, Gunma — The “King of JMK” national adult tournament for Jomo Karuta was held at the Shorin...
November 19, 2023
Disaster Preparedness / Dealing with a Sudden Eruption when Climbing a Volcano
The Autumn foliage is near its peak, luring climbers to the colorful mountains. But they should alwa...
November 13, 2023
Forest Bathing at Mt. Mitake; A Serene Day Hike in Western Tokyo
Ask about hiking spots in Tokyo, and you’ll likely first be directed to Mt. Takao. But for the sligh...
November 9, 2023
Season for Peak Viewing ‘Autumn Leaves on the Floor’ is Fast Approaching at Gunma Pref. Temple
KIRYU, Gunma — There are various ways to appreciate autumn foliage, but a temple in Kiryu, Gunma Pre...
November 7, 2023
Ninja-themed Tour Proves Hit Among Overseas Visitors in Japan’s Mie Prefecture
IGA, Mie — Iga City in Mie Prefecture is known for its ninja warriors who were active during the Sen...
November 6, 2023
Water Cannons Douse Shirakawa-go World Heritage Site in Annual Fire Drill
Jets of water are sprayed over the World Heritage village of Shirakwa-go in Gifu Prefecture during a...
October 30, 2023
Preconception Care Helps Young People Plan Future
Medical institutions and local governments are increasingly promoting preconception care to encourag...
October 23, 2023
Train Station Soba Shops Declining Yet Remain Popular; Evolving with New Technologies and Online Sales
Soba noodle stands on railway platforms, known colloquially as “ekisoba,” allow passengers to quickl...
October 19, 2023
Japanese Creator with ALS Performs with His Eyes and Brain Waves
Masatane Muto, also known as EYE VDJ MASA, is a creator with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) who...
October 15, 2023
Donald Keene and Japanese POW Kept Warm Exchanges during Pacific War and Even after World War II, Letters Recently Found Show
Donald Keene, who helped spread the charms of Japanese literature around the world and died in 2019 ...
October 14, 2023
Secrets of Kyoto / Digital Tools Guide Visitors to Kyoto’s Top Sites, with Fushimi Inari’s Orange Gates a Crowd Favorite
It seems foreign tourist levels in Kyoto are back to about 80% of what they were before the COVID-19...
October 10, 2023
New York Strains as Migrants from Latin America Bus into City Seeking Better Life
Kio Lance / The Yomiuri ShimbunMigrants arrive at New York City’s Port Authority Terminal after a 29...
October 9, 2023
"JN SPECIALITIES" POPULAR ARTICLE
- Ride Highway of Dreams at New Bus Hotel in Shizuoka Prefecture
- Jomo Karuta, a Local Icon, Holds National Event
- Ninja-themed Tour Proves Hit Among Overseas Visitors in Japan’s Mie Prefecture
- Disaster Preparedness / Dealing with a Sudden Eruption when Climbing a Volcano
- The Japan News / Weekly Edition (11/17-11/23)
JN TOP STORIES
- New Tour in Japan Featuring Kumano Kodo, Hot Springs Targets Foreign Tourists
- Resumption of Gaza Fighting Blurs Kishida’s Visit to Middle East
- Japan’s ‘Genius’ Shinji Ono Calls It Quits at 44
- A Suspected Bomb Blast Kills at Least 4 Christian Worshippers During Mass in Southern Philippines
- Kickbacks Allegedly Kept Off-the-Books by More than 10 Members of Late Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s Political Faction
- Kishida Intends To Address Alleged Off-the-books Funds Within Liberal Democratic Party
- Japan May Provide Up to 230 M. Dollars in Aid to Egypt
- Japan, Germany Effectively Agree to Execute Defense Logistics Pact