Delicious Beautiful Spectacular JAPAN
provided by The Japan News.
Join The Japan News on a curated tour of the many “delicious, beautiful, and spectacular” sights that await off the beaten path in Japan. With intrepid deputy editor Futoshi Mori as your guide, navigate through the salient articles below for a taste of the regional food, drink, crafts, and more from all corners of the nation, illustrated with sumptuous photography. The journey begins — all aboard!
Tottori Wagyu / Discovering the finest beef paradise in Tottori Pref.
Tottori Prefecture is known for seafood such as Matsuba snow crab and agricultural products such as ...
December 24, 2021
Wakayama city offers refreshing ‘fruit tourism’
KINOKAWA, Wakayama — One of the leading producers of peaches and hassaku citrus, Kinokawa, Wakayama ...
September 20, 2021
Fumuro-ya / The Kanazawa maker of traditional fu for the modern soul
As I stared into the steaming hot bowl of instant clear soup, colorful flowers and hearts gently flo...
August 26, 2021
Senjo / Why not brew a sake that is unique in the world?
Rice, yeast, mold, and water. To the list of elements that go into each glass of Japanese sake, perh...
July 21, 2021
"JN SPECIALITIES" POPULAR ARTICLE
JN TOP STORIES
- Push to have children ages 5-11 get COVID-19 vaccines gains steam
- New vaccine expected to boost omicron protection for all generations
- Tokyo logs 23,135 infections, up from previous Monday
- Baba 2nd Japanese golfer to win U.S. Women’s Amateur
- 7-year-old pays respects to family killed in war
- Pandemic limits attendance at war memorial
- Address by the Emperor on the occasion of the memorial ceremony for the war dead
- Economy minister open to extending gasoline subsidies