116 Nations Back COP28 Chair UAE’s Renewable Energy Initiative
Dubai (Jiji Press)—A total of 116 countries, including Japan, supported and signed the United Arab E...
December 3, 2023
Brazilian Cotton Hits the Runway at Sao Paulo Fashion Week
SAO PAULO (Reuters) — Brazilian cotton producers took the natural fiber to the runway on Nov. 9, str...
November 25, 2023
Tens of Thousands Rally in Jerusalem for Return of Hostages in Gaza
JERUSALEM — Family members and supporters of around 240 people taken hostage by the Islamist group H...
November 20, 2023
Israeli Families Demand Release of Hostages of Hamas; Worried About Crossfire
JERUSALEM — A month after a cross-border attack by Hamas, people gathered all across Israel on Tuesd...
November 8, 2023
Palestinian Girl Wonders If She Will Be Alive Tomorrow; Shares Fear, Anger Amid Continued Bombings
JERUSALEM — “I ask myself every day if I will survive until the next day.” So wrote 15-year-old ...
November 8, 2023
Japanese NGO Staff: Situation in Gaza Extreme, Lives That Could be Saved are Being Lost
A Japanese member of Medecins Sans Frontieres (Doctors Without Borders) who escaped from Gaza descri...
November 6, 2023
Peruvians of Japanese Descent Eagerly Await Princess Kako’s Visit
LIMA — Many Peruvians with Japanese ancestry are eagerly awaiting the arrival of Princess Kako, who ...
November 3, 2023
Phone, Internet Service Outage in Gaza Worsens Isolation after Israeli Air Strikes
JERUSALEM — Phone and internet services in the Gaza Strip have been repeatedly cut off, with the ele...
November 1, 2023
U.N. General Assembly to Vote on Killer Robot Resolution; ‘LAWS’ could be as revolutionary as gunpowder, N-weapons
NEW YORK — The use of artificial intelligence in weapons systems that automatically set attack targe...
October 31, 2023
Japanese Dad Laments Israeli Army Son’s Involvement in War
A Japanese man living in Tel Aviv is among the parents praying for the well-being of a child serving...
October 30, 2023
In Middle East, Poor Miss Out as ‘faulty’ Algorithms Target Aid
BEIRUT/CAIRO (Thomson Reuters Foundation) — Asma Ibrahim, an unemployed woman who lives in a cramped...
October 28, 2023
Emigres Find Haven in Old Armenian Textile Factory
TUMANYAN, Armenia (Reuters) — A disused Armenian textile factory has become a sanctuary for artists ...
October 26, 2023
Hospital in Southern Gaza Strip Near Collapse as Israel Pounds Area with Airstrikes
JERUSALEM — The humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip, where Israel has been carrying out heavy airs...
October 26, 2023
Japan to Provide $10 Million for Humanitarian Aid to Gaza
The government will provide $10 million for humanitarian aid to Gaza via international organizations...
October 17, 2023
Sri Lanka’s Brain Drain Hits Information Technology Sector’s Workforce
Sri Lanka’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector is facing a dearth of skilled work...
October 16, 2023
"WORLD" POPULAR ARTICLE
- Israeli Families Demand Release of Hostages of Hamas; Worried About Crossfire
- New Delhi Presses Firms in Japan, South Korea to Set Up Semiconductor Firms in India
- Japanese, Chinese, South Korean Foreign Ministers to Work Toward Summit
- Japan, ASEAN to Strengthen Ties for Decarbonization in Bid to Boost Economic Growth
- Mao Zedong Statue Disappears from Chinese City; Removal Possibly Directed by Authorities
JN TOP STORIES
- New Tour in Japan Featuring Kumano Kodo, Hot Springs Targets Foreign Tourists
- Resumption of Gaza Fighting Blurs Kishida’s Visit to Middle East
- Japan’s ‘Genius’ Shinji Ono Calls It Quits at 44
- A Suspected Bomb Blast Kills at Least 4 Christian Worshippers During Mass in Southern Philippines
- Kickbacks Allegedly Kept Off-the-Books by More than 10 Members of Late Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s Political Faction
- Kishida Intends To Address Alleged Off-the-books Funds Within Liberal Democratic Party
- Japan May Provide Up to 230 M. Dollars in Aid to Egypt
- Japan, Germany Effectively Agree to Execute Defense Logistics Pact