INSIGHTS INTO THE WORLD
G7 Rushes to De-Risk to Protect Sensitive Tech
This year has already become an epoch-making one globally in terms of revving up economic security. ...
November 24, 2023
Japan’s Modernization Fitting Development Model
Approximately two-thirds of the world is composed of developing countries. Nations that are well-off...
November 10, 2023
How Far Can Politics, Economy Be Separated?
The relationship between politics and economy is not so simple that it can be explained just by refe...
November 3, 2023
Food, water insecurity may mean shortages for us all
Every person requires food and water to remain alive. But our food and water supplies are becoming i...
October 27, 2023
ASEAN ‘losing Its Sense of Direction’ in Region
This year marks a historic milestone for Japan and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations — the ...
October 13, 2023
New Mideast Epic: from Strife to Coexistence
In the Middle East, one noticeable thing has been gathering momentum lately: an “anything goes” type...
October 6, 2023
Major Powers Awaken to Inland Asia’s Importance
While tensions continue to deepen between the United States and China, one region in the world has b...
September 22, 2023
COVID Risk Evaluation Now Up to Individuals
About four months have passed since COVID-19 was downgraded from the equivalent of a Category II dis...
September 8, 2023
Uptick in Productive Jobs Needed to Spur Growth
Seeking to revitalize the Japanese economy, the government has recognized that it is urgent to creat...
August 25, 2023
Long-term Care Insurance Increasingly Insecure
Japan’s long-term care insurance system, introduced in April 2000, is an extremely important social ...
August 11, 2023
Universities Need to Strengthen Educational Role
Japan has made little progress in reforming its universities, despite much discourse on this being a...
August 4, 2023
Japan Has Vital Part to Play in Divided World
Prime Minister Fumio Kishida participated in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization’s summit on July...
July 28, 2023
Mega Industrial Policies Emerge as Market Fails
Major countries across the world are implementing large-scale industrial policies to strengthen the ...
July 21, 2023
Police Must Do Utmost to Fill Gaps in VIP Safety
We will soon mark one year since the fatal shooting of former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe during an el...
July 7, 2023
Polarization Threatens U.S. Foreign Policy
In the recent past, the U.S. and China have been scrambling for influence in the southern Pacific. C...
June 30, 2023
"EDITORIAL & COLUMNS" POPULAR ARTICLE
- Increasing Uncertainty Makes Decisions on EV Strategy Difficult
- Kishida Losing Power to Call Snap Election as Political Decisions Backfire
- G7 Rushes to De-Risk to Protect Sensitive Tech
- Govt Should Take Responsibility for Maintaining Cultural Facilities
- Death of Takarazuka Revue Member: Irresponsible Organizational Culture Invited Tragedy
JN TOP STORIES
- New Tour in Japan Featuring Kumano Kodo, Hot Springs Targets Foreign Tourists
- Resumption of Gaza Fighting Blurs Kishida’s Visit to Middle East
- Japan’s ‘Genius’ Shinji Ono Calls It Quits at 44
- A Suspected Bomb Blast Kills at Least 4 Christian Worshippers During Mass in Southern Philippines
- Kickbacks Allegedly Kept Off-the-Books by More than 10 Members of Late Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s Political Faction
- Kishida Intends To Address Alleged Off-the-books Funds Within Liberal Democratic Party
- Japan May Provide Up to 230 M. Dollars in Aid to Egypt
- Japan, Germany Effectively Agree to Execute Defense Logistics Pact