- OLYMPICS & PARALYMPICS
One Year Countdown Until Paris 2024 Olympic Games
13:52 JST, July 27, 2023
PARIS — Wednesday marked exactly one year until the opening of the 2024 Paris Olympic Games. The French capital, which last hosted in 1924, will stage the event for the third time.
Preparations are underway at the Games’ venues in Paris, many of which make good use of world-famous tourist attractions. The Grand Palais, where the 1900 Paris Exposition was held, will be the venue for fencing and taekwondo. Renovations are underway at the historic building, including repair of its famous glass roof.
People were enjoying taking photos of themselves with a countdown clock that was unveiled in front of the Eiffel Tower, near the venues for beach volleyball, judo and wrestling. Since 2024 is a leap year, the clock displayed 366 as the number of days until the big day.
"SPORTS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Hanshin Tigers Win Japan Series for First Time in 38 Years, Beating Orix Buffaloes in Game 7
Japanese Skater Yuzuru Hanyu Announces Divorce
Shohei Ohtani to Donate Gloves to 20,000 Elementary Schools
Sumo in Crisis as Dwindling Number of Wrestlers Forces Body to Knock Over Tradition
Shohei Ohtani, Baseball’s 2-Way Star, Becomes First 2-Time Unanimous MVP (UPDATE 1)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired