Beijing stadium lit up for opening ceremony rehearsal
14:00 JST, January 28, 2022
BEIJING — Rays of light from Beijing’s National Stadium illuminated the night sky during what was said to be a rehearsal for the 2022 Winter Olympics opening ceremony, ahead of the opening of the Games on Feb. 4.
Dubbed the Bird’s Nest, the stadium was illuminated in many colors on Thursday evening, and people gathered to take photos of the spectacle.
Due to the novel coronavirus pandemic, tickets for the Games are not being sold to members of the general public. Only guests and those involved in the event will attend the opening ceremony.
"SPORTS" POPULAR ARTICLE
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs
- Ajiichi Hojo / Modern flavors in a history-steeped building
- Japan-sponsored bridge opens in South Sudan, raising hopes for peace and development
- Defense minister to China: Concerns exist between Japan and China
- Japan scrambled aircraft 4.5 times more this May than last