- OLYMPICS & PARALYMPICS
Paris 2024 Olympic Games Torch Unveiled
13:33 JST, July 26, 2023
SAINT-DENIS, France — The design of the torch to be used for the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games was unveiled at a press conference in the Paris suburb of Saint Denis on Tuesday.
The Games organizing committee unveiled the torch, which was designed by French designer Mathieu Lehanneur. For the first time in its history, the Olympic Games will feature an equal number of male and female athletes, and the Olympic and Paralympic Games will share the same emblem design. To demonstrate this theme of equality, the torch sports a perfectly symmetrical design.
The torch, 70 centimeters long and weighing 1.5 kilograms, features ripples on its smooth surface that were inspired by the waters of the Seine River. It has a pale silver texture that is said to be made up of a champagne color mixed with gold, silver and bronze, the colors of medals awarded at the games.
"SPORTS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japanese Skater Yuzuru Hanyu Announces Divorce
Sumo in Crisis as Dwindling Number of Wrestlers Forces Body to Knock Over Tradition
Shohei Ohtani, Baseball’s 2-Way Star, Becomes First 2-Time Unanimous MVP (UPDATE 1)
The Sumo Scene / Top-ranked Referee Shikimori Inosuke Also Earns Elite Status in Name
The Sumo Scene / Grand Sumo Tournament Wrestlers Find Power in Local Food; Powerful Wrestler Chiyonofuji Remembered
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Haneda Airport to Showcase Japan’s Master Craftsmanship to World with Luxury Store
- Japan Sees 2.52 Mil. Visitors in October, Exceeding Pre-COVID Levels
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)