- IMPERIAL FAMILY
Japan Crown Prince Akishino Attends Aquarium Technicians’ Conference in Saitama
20:20 JST, November 17, 2023
Crown Prince Akishino attended a Japanese Association of Zoos and Aquariums’ conference for aquarium technicians in Saitama on Thursday.
The crown prince, who serves as the association’s honorary president, listened to 13 presentations on various topics, such as stingray breeding and artificial insemination of loaches.
Ahead of the conference, the crown prince visited Saitama Aquarium in Hanyu, Saitama Prefecture, which keeps hirenaga nishikigoi carp, a kind of carp with characteristically long fins. The fish was bred after the Emperor Emeritus, while crown prince, suggested to a lab in Saitama that it should crossbreed a longfin carp from Indonesia with a nishikigoi carp.
Crown Prince Akishino stopped in front of a tank displaying the hirenaga nishikigoi carp and asked a staff member if they also keep the original parent species.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace