- IMPERIAL FAMILY
Princess Kako Returns from Peru Visit
17:35 JST, November 11, 2023
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Princess Kako arrived at Tokyo’s Haneda Airport on a commercial flight Friday afternoon, returning from her visit to Peru.
Princess Kako, the second daughter of Crown Prince Akishino and Crown Princess Kiko, departed from the same airport on Nov. 1 for the South American country. She arrived in Peru on the night of Nov. 2 local time, one day later than originally planned, due to aircraft problems.
While in Peru, Princess Kako attended a ceremony marking the 150th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and Peru, and interacted with some locals who have roots in Japan. She also visited the country’s president and traveled to Machu Picchu, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
She left the country early Thursday local time, heading for Japan via Houston.
Although her stay was cut short, Princess Kako was able to complete all the planned events.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace