- IMPERIAL FAMILY
Emperor Harvests Rice at Imperial Palace in Tokyo
16:19 JST, September 14, 2023
The Emperor harvested rice on the grounds of the Imperial Palace in Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo, on Wednesday.
Clad in a long-sleeved shirt, trousers and rain boots, the Emperor entered a rice paddy on the palace grounds and used a sickle to cut 20 stalks of two varieties of rice: non-glutenous Nihonmasari and glutenous Mangetsumochi.
The harvested rice will be used as an offering of thanks to the gods during the Niinamesai rite in November, and for other rituals.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)