- IMPERIAL FAMILY
Japan’s Crown Prince Visits Gourd Craft Exhibition
13:36 JST, June 9, 2023
Crown Prince Akishino visited the 48th exhibition of the Zennihon Aihyokai, a nationwide association of hyotan Japanese gourd admirers, in Kamikawa, Hyogo Prefecture, on Thursday.
On display at the exhibition venue were 120 works crafted from hyotan by enthusiasts of the bottle-shaped vegetable.
“The shapes are beautiful,” said the prince, who serves as the association’s honorary president, as he intently examined each piece.
The prince is scheduled to return to Tokyo on Friday after visiting the town’s Tonomine Kogen highland, where part of the film adaptation was shot for Haruki Murakami’s novel “Norway no Mori” (“Norwegian Wood”).
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Japan Enters New Phase of Higher Interest Rates; Some See Portents of Further BOJ Policy Shifts Next Year