- IMPERIAL FAMILY
Princess Kako Attends Japan Tennis Association’s 100th Anniversary Ceremony
12:16 JST, January 26, 2023
Princess Kako, in her capacity as honorary chairperson of the Japan Tennis Association, attended a ceremony celebrating the JTA’s 100th anniversary on Wednesday in Tokyo.
“I have the utmost respect for everyone who has contributed to the promotion of tennis,” Princess Kako said at the ceremony, touching on the fact that over the past century the sport has been firmly established in Japanese society.
As Princess Kako was leaving the venue, she spoke to wheelchair tennis star Shingo Kunieda, telling him that she has been cheering him on and wondering what he might do next.
Kunieda had on Sunday stated he was retiring from competition.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace