- IMPERIAL FAMILY
Emperor enjoys cultural appreciation with Mongolian president
11:24 JST, December 2, 2022
The Emperor and Empress met with Mongolian President Ukhnaa Khurelsukh and his wife on Wednesday at the Imperial Palace.
According to the Imperial Household Agency, the Emperor mentioned his visit to Mongolia in 2007 and expressed his gratitude, saying, “I received a very warm welcome and have fond memories of it.”
The president noted that young Mongolian wrestlers play an active role in the world of Japanese sumo wrestling and that this has been very helpful in promoting understanding of Japanese culture.
Then, the Emperor and Empress in the company of the president and his wife, enjoyed a concert by the Mongolian national morin khuur (horsehead fiddle) orchestra in Shibuya, Tokyo.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
Japan Child Porn Websites Draw Overseas Users; Experts Seek Measures as Operators Defiant
Earthquake hits Aomori, Iwate on Monday Morning; Seismic Intensity 4 in Aomori City
The Former Vocalist for Thee Michelle Gun Elephant Yusuke Chiba Died at the Age of 55(UPDATE 1)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
- Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains