- IMPERIAL FAMILY
Emperor leaves hospital after prostate biopsy
15:52 JST, November 28, 2022
The Emperor left the University of Tokyo Hospital in Bunkyo Ward, Tokyo, on Monday morning, a day after being admitted to the hospital to undergo a prostate biopsy. The results will be announced at a later date.
The Emperor bowed to people along the road as he was driven from the hospital by car at around 10:35 a.m.
The Emperor, 62, was diagnosed with an enlarged prostate following an MRI on Nov. 6. However, there were no specific health concerns and the biopsy was conducted as a precautionary measure, according to the Imperial Household Agency.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace