- IMPERIAL FAMILY
Emperor awards Grand Cordon Orders to 16 recipients
14:55 JST, November 10, 2022
The Emperor attended the award ceremony for the Grand Cordon Orders in this year’s autumn decorations at the Imperial Palace in Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo, on Wednesday.
The Emperor presented the Grand Cordon of the Order of the Rising Sun and the Grand Cordon of the Order of the Sacred Treasure to 16 recipients, among them former NTT Corp. chairman Satoshi Miura, 78.
“I congratulate you from the bottom of my heart,” the Emperor told the awardees. “I hope that you will stay healthy from now on, too.”
In the afternoon, the Emperor also met the recipients of the Orders with gold and silver star.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)