- IMPERIAL FAMILY
Emperor, Empress attend senior citizens federation anniversary
16:55 JST, November 9, 2022
The Emperor and Empress attended a ceremony commemorating the Japan Federation of Senior Citizens Clubs’ 60th anniversary in Tokyo on Tuesday.
The Emperor praised the federations’ contributions, which since 1962 has worked to improve the wellbeing of senior citizens, and set up clubs for the elderly nationwide.
“I hope that senior citizen clubs will continue to play an important role in promoting social participation of the elderly and the creation of active communities in our country,” the Emperor said in his address at the ceremony.
The reigning Emperor and Empress have attended the ceremonies held by the federation every 10 years.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
Japan Child Porn Websites Draw Overseas Users; Experts Seek Measures as Operators Defiant
Earthquake hits Aomori, Iwate on Monday Morning; Seismic Intensity 4 in Aomori City
Coldest Morning of Season Hits Japan; Tokyo Almost 20 C Colder than Previous Week
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
- Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains