- IMPERIAL FAMILY
Crown Prince, Princess attend Blue Planet Prize award ceremony in Tokyo
12:43 JST, October 6, 2022
Crown Prince Akishino and Crown Princess Kiko attended the award ceremony for the Blue Planet Prize in Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo, on Wednesday.
The prize, which is awarded to individuals and organizations that have contributed to solving global environmental problems, went to former Bhutan King Jigme Singye Wangchuck and Stephen Carpenter, a professor emeritus of the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Prince Akishino paid tribute to the achievements of the award winners in his address.
“I hope this award will serve as an opportunity to raise the environmental awareness of people around the world and encourage them to take action.,” the prince said.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired