- IMPERIAL FAMILY
Emperor harvests rice in Imperial Palace paddy field
12:44 JST, September 7, 2022
The Emperor harvested rice in a paddy field on the grounds of the Imperial Palace in Tokyo on Tuesday.
Wearing rubber boots and wielding a sickle, the Emperor harvested two rice varieties — Nihon Masari and Mangetsu Mochi.
The rice was planted by the Emperor in May.
Part of the crop will be offered during a Kanname-sai harvest ritual at Ise Jingu shrine in October.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)