- Imperial Family
Emperor, Empress attend Japan Academy award ceremony
16:56 JST, June 27, 2022
The Emperor and Empress attended the 112th award ceremony of The Japan Academy in the Ueno district of Taito Ward, Tokyo, on Monday.
This year there were nine recipients of the Japan Academy Prize. Among them was Haruo Kasai, a specialist in physiology and neuroscience and a project professor of the University of Tokyo Institutes for Advanced Study, which includes the International Research Center for Neurointelligence. He was also awarded the Imperial Prize.
The academy’s Duke of Edinburgh Prize, which is awarded every two years, was given to geoscience specialist Naohiko Okochi, who heads two institutions of the Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology — the Research Institute for Marine Resources Utilization and the Biogeochemistry Research Center.
After the ceremony, the Imperial couple met award recipients and listened to their research summaries.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Business Delegation, Chinese Premier Li Meet; Both Sides Tout Importance of Bilateral Economic Ties
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks