- IMPERIAL FAMILY
Emperor Emeritus set for move to Sento Palace
14:00 JST, April 7, 2022
The Imperial Household Agency announced Wednesday that the Emperor Emeritus and Empress Emerita will move into the Sento Palace on the Akasaka Estate in Motoakasaka, Tokyo, on April 26.
They have been living in a temporary residence at the provisional Sento Palace in Takanawa, Tokyo, and they will stay at the Hayama Imperial Villa in Kanagawa Prefecture from April 12 to 26 during the moving process.
The Sento Palace building was built in 1960 as the couple’s new residence when they were the crown prince and crown princess.
The current Emperor and his family lived there from 1994 until last September. After the Emperor and his family moved to the Imperial Palace, renovation work was carried out to make the Sento Palace building barrier-free. Work on the residential space was completed at the end of March.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible