- Politics & Government
Japan “Deeply Concerned” about Israeli Military Operation in Rafah
11:46 JST, February 13, 2024
Tokyo (Jiji Press)—Japan is “deeply concerned” about an Israeli military operation in Rafah, the southernmost city of the Gaza Strip, Japanese Foreign Ministry Press Secretary Maki Kobayashi said in a statement.
Japan urges all parties, including Israel, to “act in good faith” based on relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions, said the statement, which was released on Monday.
“Over one million Palestinian people in Gaza have been displaced in Rafah, which is a particularly important location for the delivery of humanitarian supplies,” the statement noted.
Reiterating the importance of the protection of civilians, the statement said Japan urges all parties to act in accordance with international law and ensure humanitarian assistance.
"Politics" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., South Korea Swiftly Share Radar Info for First Time, Letting Japan Track North Korean Missile More Quickly
China Deploys Multiple Warships Around Self-Claimed ADIZ
U.S. Warned Japan of China’s Hacking of Official Diplomatic Telegram System; Reinforcing Cybersecurity Key Concern
4 Chinese Warships Deployed Around Taiwan, Sources Say; Believed Ships Will Collaborate with Other Warships in East China Sea
Prime Minister Kishida to Meet Kenyan President William Ruto in Tokyo; Plans to Expand Bilateral Cooperation in Defense
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Business Delegation, Chinese Premier Li Meet; Both Sides Tout Importance of Bilateral Economic Ties
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager
- M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected