- Politics & Government
LDP’s Abe, Nikai Factions to Disband over Political Funds Scandal
20:23 JST, January 19, 2024
The Abe faction, which was formerly led by late Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, decided to disband in a meeting held on Friday evening.
Toshihiro Nikai, a former secretary general of the LDP, earlier on the day expressed his intention to dissolve the party faction that he heads.
His remark was made at a Nikai faction meeting.
"Politics" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., South Korea Swiftly Share Radar Info for First Time, Letting Japan Track North Korean Missile More Quickly
Japan, U.S., S. Korea Foreign Chiefs Confirm Plans to Work Closely to Strengthen Deterrence
U.S. Warned Japan of China’s Hacking of Official Diplomatic Telegram System; Reinforcing Cybersecurity Key Concern
U.S.: Japan’s Cybersecurity Measures ‘too Little, Too Late’
Japan and U.S. to Commence Training in Late March for Tomahawk Missile Deployment
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Current Account Surplus Doubles in ’23
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Pressure Mounting for Wage Increases in Shunto Negotiations; Fears about the Response of Struggling SMEs
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager