- Politics & Government
Kishida Celebrates Emperor Emeritus’ 90th Birthday
13:14 JST, December 24, 2023
Tokyo (Jiji Press)—Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida expressed his congratulations on Emperor Emeritus’s 90th birthday Saturday.
“I, together with the people of Japan, would like to extend my heartfelt congratulations on the Emperor Emeritus reaching (the age known in Japan as) ‘sotsuju’ today,” Kishida said in a message he posted on X after attending a birthday celebration for the father of Emperor at the Sento Imperial Residence in the Akasaka Estate in Tokyo the same day.
The Emperor Emeritus became the first among former emperors on record to reach 90.
"Politics" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., South Korea Swiftly Share Radar Info for First Time, Letting Japan Track North Korean Missile More Quickly
Japan, U.S., S. Korea Foreign Chiefs Confirm Plans to Work Closely to Strengthen Deterrence
U.S. Warned Japan of China’s Hacking of Official Diplomatic Telegram System; Reinforcing Cybersecurity Key Concern
U.S.: Japan’s Cybersecurity Measures ‘too Little, Too Late’
Japan and U.S. to Commence Training in Late March for Tomahawk Missile Deployment
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Current Account Surplus Doubles in ’23
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Pressure Mounting for Wage Increases in Shunto Negotiations; Fears about the Response of Struggling SMEs
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager