- Politics & Government
Japan’s CDPJ to Cancel Political Fundraising Party in Light of LDP Kickback Scandal
12:52 JST, December 13, 2023
Constitutional Democratic Party of Japan Secretary General Katsuya Okada said Tuesday that the party will cancel its political fundraising party scheduled for May next year.
The decision was made in response to the scandal that recently came to light regarding the kickbacks allegedly received by some members of the ruling Liberal Democratic Party’s Abe faction.
“Given the current situation, it’s better to not make any concrete plans [for a fundraising party] at this time,” Okada said at a press conference on the day.
Osaka Gov. Hirofumi Yoshimura, who is coleader of Nippon Ishin (Japan Innovation Party), told reporters on Tuesday that scrapping the annual political fundraising party, which is held by the regional political party Osaka Ishin, is an option.
"Politics" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., South Korea Swiftly Share Radar Info for First Time, Letting Japan Track North Korean Missile More Quickly
China Deploys Multiple Warships Around Self-Claimed ADIZ
U.S. Warned Japan of China’s Hacking of Official Diplomatic Telegram System; Reinforcing Cybersecurity Key Concern
4 Chinese Warships Deployed Around Taiwan, Sources Say; Believed Ships Will Collaborate with Other Warships in East China Sea
Prime Minister Kishida to Meet Kenyan President William Ruto in Tokyo; Plans to Expand Bilateral Cooperation in Defense
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Business Delegation, Chinese Premier Li Meet; Both Sides Tout Importance of Bilateral Economic Ties
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks