- Politics & Government
Japan To Accelerate Talks on Smartphone Use in Diet Sessions; Part of Efforts to Promote Digitization of Lower House Affairs
17:03 JST, December 5, 2023
Discussions over whether House of Representatives members will be allowed to use smartphones during Diet sessions will be accelerated, the lower house’s Committee on Rules and Administration has decided.
The committee made the decision at a directors’ meeting on Monday, as part of measures to move forward with the digitization of various affairs in the lower house.
The move was prompted by a request from some of the ruling and opposition party members in the lower house — including former Environment Minister Shinjiro Koizumi of the Liberal Democratic Party — to set up a subcommittee to promote digitization of Diet affairs.
In order to begin full-fledged discussions, the committee will have political parties name persons in charge of digitization.
"Politics" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., South Korea Swiftly Share Radar Info for First Time, Letting Japan Track North Korean Missile More Quickly
China Deploys Multiple Warships Around Self-Claimed ADIZ
U.S. Warned Japan of China’s Hacking of Official Diplomatic Telegram System; Reinforcing Cybersecurity Key Concern
4 Chinese Warships Deployed Around Taiwan, Sources Say; Believed Ships Will Collaborate with Other Warships in East China Sea
Prime Minister Kishida to Meet Kenyan President William Ruto in Tokyo; Plans to Expand Bilateral Cooperation in Defense
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Business Delegation, Chinese Premier Li Meet; Both Sides Tout Importance of Bilateral Economic Ties
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager