- Politics & Government
House of Councillors eliminates stenographers as part of digitization, paperless initiatives
21:22 JST, November 28, 2023
During the director’s meeting of the House of Councillors Steering Committee, both the ruling and opposition parties on Tuesday decided to end the use of stenographers.
Stenographers record speeches made in the chamber while sitting in front of the podium.
As part of the digitization and paperless initiatives in the chamber, the provisional reports of meeting minutes distributed to each member will now be shared on a dedicated website for members.
"Politics" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., South Korea Swiftly Share Radar Info for First Time, Letting Japan Track North Korean Missile More Quickly
China Deploys Multiple Warships Around Self-Claimed ADIZ
Japan, U.S., S. Korea Foreign Chiefs Confirm Plans to Work Closely to Strengthen Deterrence
U.S. Warned Japan of China’s Hacking of Official Diplomatic Telegram System; Reinforcing Cybersecurity Key Concern
4 Chinese Warships Deployed Around Taiwan, Sources Say; Believed Ships Will Collaborate with Other Warships in East China Sea
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager