- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
¥13 Trillion Draft Extra Budget Sent to Diet
10:59 JST, November 21, 2023
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — The government on Monday submitted to the Diet a draft supplementary budget for fiscal 2023 calling for about ¥13.2 trillion in general-account spending to mainly finance an economic package.
The government aims to have the budget enacted by the end of the current extraordinary session of the Diet set for Dec. 13.
Of the total spending, about ¥13.13 trillion will go to the economic package, which was adopted by the government earlier this month.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
‘Unexpected’ South Korea Court Decision in Favor of ‘Comfort Women’ Puts Damper on Improving Ties with Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace