- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Japan to Create Manga-support Fund
12:33 JST, November 2, 2023
The government plans to financially support the nation’s manga culture.
Speaking Wednesday at a meeting of a bipartisan manga caucus, Prime Minister Fumio Kishida said he intended to include the expenses in an economic stimulus package to be approved by the Cabinet on Thursday.
The caucus — chaired by House of Representatives member Keiji Furuya of the Liberal Democratic Party — submitted a written request on the day, asking for the establishment of a national facility for the preservation and utilization of manga.
“We need a cultural facility and a training program for creators,” Kishida said. “We intend to create a system that will endure through the years.”
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
‘Unexpected’ South Korea Court Decision in Favor of ‘Comfort Women’ Puts Damper on Improving Ties with Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)