- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Japanese Foreign Minister Yoko Kamikawa Meets with U.N. Command Chief
14:13 JST, October 27, 2023
Foreign Minister Yoko Kamikawa met with Gen. Paul LaCamera, who heads the South Korea-U.S. combined forces command as well as the United Nations Command (UNC), and confirmed the longstanding partnership between Japan and the UNC on Thursday during his visit to Japan.
Kamikawa said she appreciated the UNC conducting surveillance and sending member states to help stop illegal ship-to-ship transfers, which are utilized by North Korea to smuggle in oil refinery products from other countries.
She thanked LaCamera for such activities and said the cooperation between Japan, the United States and South Korea was contributing to the peace and stability in the region.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)