- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
SDF Aircraft Flies to Jordan for Evacuation Standby; Move Prompted by Dire Situation in Gaza Strip
12:48 JST, October 25, 2023
In light of the increasingly dire situation surrounding the Gaza Strip, the Japanese government has sent a Self-Defense Forces transport plane to Jordan from Djibouti to prepare for the swift evacuation of Japanese nationals from the region, Defense Minister Minoru Kihara said Tuesday.
The SDF C-2 arrived in Jordan on Tuesday local time to join another C-2 transport aircraft on standby there.
One more transport plane will also be dispatched from Japan to Jordan, which neighbors Israel, according to government sources.
“The situation surrounding Gaza continues to require caution. Japan will take all possible measures to ensure the safety of Japanese nationals,” Kihara told reporters.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Fake Video of Japan Prime Minister Kishida Triggers Fears of AI Being Used to Spread Misinformation
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Future World Order: Industrial Policies / Japan’s Efforts to Nurture Personnel Related to Semiconductors Focus on ‘Colleges of Technology’
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)