- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Govt to Mull Measures to Boost Ties with Global South Nations
11:02 JST, October 18, 2023
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — The government decided Tuesday to put together a package of measures by spring to strengthen cooperation with Global South emerging and developing countries.
Prime Minister Fumio Kishida told officials at a meeting on collaboration with Global South nations that reinforcing ties with those countries will meet Japan’s national interests including economic security.
He outlined his plan to utilize official development assistance strategically in Global South countries and support Japanese businesses operating there.
Kishida instructed officials to include measures that need to be taken immediately in a planned economic package.
The Group of Seven, major democracies and China and Russia are racing to win over Global South nations.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Fake Video of Japan Prime Minister Kishida Triggers Fears of AI Being Used to Spread Misinformation
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace