- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Japan, Saudi Arabia Vow Cooperation over Middle East Crisis
16:54 JST, October 17, 2023
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Foreign Minister Yoko Kamikawa and her Saudi Arabian counterpart, Prince Faisal bin Farhan, have agreed to work together to calm down the situation in Gaza amid the fighting between Palestinian militant group Hamas and Israel.
In their telephone talks held Monday night, Kamikawa and Faisal also agreed to cooperate in providing humanitarian aid such as water and food necessary for civilians in the Gaza Strip, where Israel is preparing for ground operations.
Earlier on Monday, Kiyoto Tsuji, the state minister for foreign affairs, held talks with Israeli Ambassador to Japan Gilad Cohen and sought support to ensure humanitarian access to Gaza.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)