- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Democratic Party For the People Member to be Advisor to Prime Minister; Move Meant to Pave Way for Party Joining Ruling Coalition
20:24 JST, September 14, 2023
Prime Minister Fumio Kishida has decided to appoint as a special adviser Wakako Yata, a former House of Councillors member from the Democratic Party for the People, according to government and ruling party sources.
Amid talk of adding the opposition DPFP to the ruling coalition of Kishida’s Liberal Democratic Party and Komeito, Yata, 57, is expected to help serve as an intermediary to policy coordination with the DPFP.
The appointment is expected to be made official soon.
Yata comes from a union background. She announced her retirement from politics in July after losing her seat in last year’s upper house election.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)