- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida Pledges to Focus on Economic Measures
14:23 JST, September 14, 2023
Prime Minister Fumio Kishida vowed during a Wednesday press conference to give top priority to formulating and implementing “bold” economic measures rather than call a snap election.
Kishida was asked during the press conference if he believed it was necessary to convene an extra Diet session, or whether he was mulling dissolving the House of Representatives at an early date to hold a general election.
“For the time being, I’m considering the schedule by prioritizing the creation of bold economic measures and putting them in place as soon as possible,” he said.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
‘Unexpected’ South Korea Court Decision in Favor of ‘Comfort Women’ Puts Damper on Improving Ties with Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible