- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Japan, U.S., ROK Confirm Plans to Strengthen Cooperation against North Korea
13:48 JST, September 8, 2023
Defense Minister Yasukazu Hamada has reaffirmed a policy of strengthening security cooperation in a trilateral phone call with his U.S. and South Korean counterparts.
Hamada, U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin and South Korean Defense Minister Lee Jong-Sup agreed Thursday to accelerate ongoing efforts to start real-time trilateral data sharing on North Korean missiles.
They confirmed they will develop a multi-year trilateral exercise plan, and also discussed drills to address regional security challenges.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)