- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Komeito’s Yamaguchi, ASEAN’s Tene Affirm Further Cooperation
13:59 JST, August 19, 2023
JAKARTA — Komeito leader Natsuo Yamaguchi met with Michael Tene, deputy secretary general of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, in Jakarta on Friday, and the two agreed to strengthen Japan-ASEAN relations.
Yamaguchi addressed the importance of Japan and ASEAN working together to establish the rule of law and international order during the meeting that took place at the ASEAN headquarters. Indonesia holds the 2023 ASEAN chairmanship.
In the meeting, Tene said that Japan is an important and longstanding partner for Asia.
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the establishment of friendly and cooperative relations between Japan and ASEAN. In light of this, the two also confirmed the importance of deepening cooperation in human resource development in maritime security and economic cooperation in trade, among other fields.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)