- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
More Discussions Needed on NATO’s Tokyo Office: German Official
17:55 JST, July 11, 2023
BERLIN (Jiji Press) — NATO may need more time to discuss a proposal for establishing a liaison office in Tokyo, a senior German official said Monday.
The official suggested that other forms of mechanism may be possible to strengthen cooperation between Japan and NATO.
French President Emmanuel Macron has expressed opposition to establishing a NATO Tokyo office, while the United States seems to be positive about the proposal.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)