- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Foreign Minister Hayashi, ASEAN Secretary General Confirm Cooperation Ahead of Commemorative Tokyo Summit
12:52 JST, June 6, 2023
Foreign Minister Yoshimasa Hayashi and Kao Kim Hourn, secretary general of the Association of Southeast Asia Nations, have confirmed their close cooperation in preparation for a commemorative summit in Tokyo in December to mark the 50th anniversary of ASEAN-Japan ties.
Hayashi and Kao met at the Foreign Ministry building in Tokyo on Monday.
Regarding an ASEAN-related foreign ministers’ meeting in Indonesia scheduled for July, Hayashi said, “[We’d like to] issue a strong message on imminent international issues.”
Hayashi and Kao also agreed to cooperate in an ASEAN-proposed regional cooperation initiative dubbed the ASEAN Outlook on the Indo-Pacific.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Japan to Provide Defense Equipment to Philippines; Patrol Boats, Radars, Drones Have Deterrence Against China in Mind
Fake Video of Japan Prime Minister Kishida Triggers Fears of AI Being Used to Spread Misinformation
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises