- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Govt Sets Goal to Halve Heatstroke Deaths by 2030
11:00 JST, May 31, 2023
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — The government said Tuesday it has set a target of halving the number of deaths from heatstroke by 2030 from an annual average of 1,295 in the past five years.
The target was included in a five-year action plan adopted at a Cabinet meeting in line with a law revised in April to enhance efforts to fight heatstroke.
The action plan includes asking elderly people to use air conditioners appropriately and take enough water and salt between April and September.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)