- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Japan LDP Lower House Lawmaker Izumida leaves Nikai faction
13:15 JST, March 3, 2023
Hirohiko Izumida, a ruling Liberal Democratic Party lawmaker of the House of Representatives, has left the party’s Nikai faction led by Toshihiro Nikai.
Izumida’s notice of withdrawal was accepted by the faction on Feb. 17. The faction now comprises 42 members, making it the fifth-largest within the party.
Meanwhile, former Olympic minister Seiko Hashimoto will join the Yurin-kai political group led by former LDP President Sadakazu Tanigaki, the group said Thursday. After completing official procedures to obtain membership, Hashimoto will be a member of both Yurin-kai and the Abe faction.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)