- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Taiwan Honors Abe with Posthumous Medal
2:00 JST, January 28, 2023
Frank Hsieh Chang-ting, head of the Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office in Japan, awarded a posthumous medal to former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Thursday on behalf of the Taiwan government.
Hsieh, Taiwan’s de facto ambassador to Japan, presented the Order of Propitious Clouds with Special Grand Cordon to Abe’s widow, Akie Abe, at the representative office in Tokyo.
The decoration called an expression of respect for Abe’s efforts to develop ties between Japan and Taiwan.
“He was the friendliest ever Japanese prime minister to Taiwan, where people expressed condolences in their own ways,” Hsieh said.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
‘Unexpected’ South Korea Court Decision in Favor of ‘Comfort Women’ Puts Damper on Improving Ties with Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible