- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Zelenskyy voices hope for ties with Japan
10:39 JST, January 9, 2023
WARSAW (Jiji Press) — Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has voiced his expectations for advancing security cooperation with Japan.
In a video speech Friday evening, Zelenskyy touched on his teleconference with Prime Minister Fumio Kishida held on the same day and said it is possible for Japan and Ukraine to cooperate further for common security, laying his hopes on the role to be played by Japan as the chair of the Group of Seven major countries this year.
Zelenskyy said he agreed with Kishida during the teleconference on priorities of this year’s bilateral cooperation.
Furthermore, the president said Japan displayed its leadership in Asia last year in efforts to defend freedom and abide by international law.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)