- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Zelenskyy asks Kishida to visit Ukraine
13:21 JST, January 7, 2023
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on Friday asked Prime Minister Fumio Kishida to visit his country during phone talks that lasted about 30 minutes.
Regarding the proposed visit, Kishida told reporters at the Prime Minister’s Office: “At the current stage, nothing has been decided. But I want to consider [the visit] based on various situations.”
Since Russia began its invasion of Ukraine, the leaders of Group of Seven countries Britain, Canada, Germany, France and Italy have visited Kyiv. U.S. President Joe Biden met with Zelenskyy in Washington in December.
As Russian forces are continuing attacks on Kyiv and other areas of Ukraine, it could be a challenge to ensure Kishida’s safety if he visits the country.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)