- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Kishida, Scholz agree to cooperate on China
13:28 JST, November 17, 2022
BALI, Indonesia — Prime Minister Fumio Kishida and German Chancellor Olaf Scholz on Wednesday shared their desire to continue support for Ukraine against the Russian invasion and their concern over unilateral attempts to change the status quo, particularly by China, in the East and South China Seas.
In a 40-minute talk during the Group of 20 summit meeting in Bali, Indonesia, the two leaders confirmed that they would work closely together on these issues.
On the same day, Kishida held informal talks with British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak and agreed to accelerate talks on cooperation over the joint development of the next generation of fighter aircraft.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
‘Unexpected’ South Korea Court Decision in Favor of ‘Comfort Women’ Puts Damper on Improving Ties with Japan
Religious Group Soka Gakkai Has Strong Influence in Japan’s Political Landscape; Group Carries Significant Voter Influence
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
- Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains