- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Kishida congratulates Britain’s new Prime Minister Sunak
13:21 JST, October 26, 2022
Prime Minister Fumio Kishida sent a congratulatory message to Rishi Sunak, leader of the Conservative Party, on his assuming the office of Britain’s prime minister on Tuesday.
Kishida wrote that Japan and the United Kingdom are global strategic partners that share fundamental values and that he looks forward to working with the new prime minister to deepen their bilateral relationship, while maintaining and enhancing the rules-based international order.
Kishida also wrote that Japan wants to strengthen their bilateral cooperation in light of Britain’s involvement in the Indo-Pacific region.
The Japanese prime minister also called for cooperation at a Group of Seven summit to be held in Hiroshima next May, as well as at the U.N. Security Council.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
‘Unexpected’ South Korea Court Decision in Favor of ‘Comfort Women’ Puts Damper on Improving Ties with Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace