- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Russian consul declared persona non grata was No.2 at Sapporo Consulate
12:41 JST, October 6, 2022
The Russian consul who was declared persona non grata by the Japanese government in retaliation for Moscow’s deportation of a Japanese consul was the “number two” official at the Russian Consulate-General in Sapporo, it has been revealed.
The Foreign Ministry released some details about the diplomat at a meeting on Wednesday.
On Tuesday, the Japanese government declared the Russian consul persona non grata and ordered the consul to leave the country by Monday.
According to a ministry official, this is the fourth time the Japanese government has declared someone persona non grata since the end of World War II.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
‘Unexpected’ South Korea Court Decision in Favor of ‘Comfort Women’ Puts Damper on Improving Ties with Japan
Religious Group Soka Gakkai Has Strong Influence in Japan’s Political Landscape; Group Carries Significant Voter Influence
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
- Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains