- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
Flower stands for Abe funeral to be set up in Tokyo park
14:49 JST, September 22, 2022
The government decided on Wednesday to arrange two flower stands in a park near Nippon Budokan in Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo, the venue for the state funeral of former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.
The stands, to be set up at Kudanzaka Park, will be open for members of the public to leave flowers from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. next Tuesday, the day of the state funeral. Items other than flowers can not be offered. Security checks will take place, and access to other areas will be restricted.
“The entrance [to the flower stand area] can be accessed from the Uchibori-dori avenue and the Chidorigafuchi-Ryokudo road, so the nearest station is Hanzomon Station on the Hanzomon subway line,” Chief Cabinet Secretary Hirokazu Matsuno explained at a press conference.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Japan to Provide Defense Equipment to Philippines; Patrol Boats, Radars, Drones Have Deterrence Against China in Mind
Fake Video of Japan Prime Minister Kishida Triggers Fears of AI Being Used to Spread Misinformation
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)